Tuesday, July 8, 2008

"Shenanigans Volume I"

Throughout this blog I’ll be posting some random observations which really have no relevance to anyone’s life. They will not improve your life by any means nor will they probably make any sense. With that said here is the first one…

…One thing I’ve noticed about San Francisco is guys at bars are absolutely drunken Neanderthals and fall, bump, knock and spill all over you. At first you want to turn around and sock the guy in the face until you realize he doesn’t even know where he is and has already spilled his beer on six other guys so you have no choice but to let him slide. I’m not sure if it’s because there are more binge drinkers in this town or if the guys would rather just go out and get obliterated instead of trying to maintain any sort of decency.

… I’ve realized the kickball phenomenon has now gotten way out of hand. While playing as a fill-in in a regular season Sunday kickball game in my roommate’s league I noticed parents actually coming out to watch the games. This may have been standard for Little League games or even an occasional badminton match, but kickball? I guess I’m kind of holding onto the thought that the only reason they came out was for their own piece of mind. I’m sure most parents when they hear their son or daughter who they’ve spent fifty grand on their college education is in a kickball league, they think it is just a cover for their real habit of shooting up paint thinner or participating in drive-bys with the local gang. When they show up at the local park they are relieved, but at the same time perplexed of how their youngster could go full circle – second grade kickball, honor student, Ivy League education, lucrative job and now? Back to kickball. The most amazing thing is there are people in the league that actually take it seriously and actually try to win at kickball of all things. I’m all for the competition but I’d much rather use my competitiveness at something more worthwhile like for instance flip cup or beer pong…well ok, I guess these kickball maniacs aren’t too bad after all…

…Every day on the way to work I pass by a horse pasture in Palo Alto and there is always one horse wearing a jacket. Why must he wear this overcoat I wonder? I have to think that it isn’t his Mom reminding him to put the coat on every day and that the jacket serves some sort of purpose, but what is it? Is he ridiculed by the other horses for wearing the ridiculous overcoat, not man enough to face the harsh elements of the outside, or is he looked at as being too good for the other horses with his ostentatious garments? These are the type of things I think about at night…

My glorious stallion wasn't as fortunate as this philly pictured above who was lucky enough to not only find a glamorous jacket, but a pair (uh times 2 since the 4 legs) of ostentatious green boots to boot. I figure this image might give readers at least an idea of my jacket clothed horse friend. (Either that or cause them to start drinking due to the ridiculousness of this blog).

… There seems to be an exorbitant amount of dead pigeons in San Francisco. It seems like they are being run over at an exponential rate in this town. Apparently George Costanza’s deal from Seinfeld doesn’t apply to the pigeons on the West coast, as these pigeons do not appear to be fleet of foot. I saw one the other day lambasted in front of the Safeway parking lot. I can understand the clean up crews ignore the clean up for a dead bird on the side of the road, but at the entrance to a highly frequented food store? You would think someone would take care of that thing. I guess I’ll wait anxiously in anticipation to see what happens…

No comments: